Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reflections

Reflections
What have I learnt?
I have learnt how to generate ideas, focus on ideas. I have also learnt how to think critically. I would have to re-look into my product repeatedly. I would need to think about the needs of my product and improve on my product. I also knew how to sketch out the detailed parts of our product. The main thing that I learnt was how to just start off with an idea and slowly develop it into a real life product. It was applying what we have learn from the first semester. The sketching, the idea generating and focusing tools all helped when I was developing my idea. 
What are the difficulties that I encountered?
In my design process of my product, I had to “crash” my first product idea. I decided to crash it because it was not feasible for me. This also allowed me to think critically. What went wrong when I designed my first product? My mistake was that I attempted to do something with technology that was not within my means. 
How do I overcome them?
In the end, I had to come up with another product. However, I did not want to waste the research that I did beforehand, therefore, I made another product, still, for the same need. This time round, I came up with something to hook the bed sheets out instead of pushing them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment